PEST SOLUTIONS FOR
ROOF SOLAR PANELS
IT’S NOT IF BUT WHEN … PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!
PVC COATED WIRE MESH CRITTER GUARDS THAT
- The leading cause of damage to residential roof-mounted solar in the Northeast of the United States are squirrels. Because squirrels are rodents their front teeth never stop growing making them constantly want to gnaw on things like the wires to solar panels.
- The small gap under the solar panels creates a safe nesting environment for squirrels, birds, raccoons and other pesky animals where they are protected from predators such as hawks.
- The height of the roof creates a natural nesting habitat for the squirrels, just like the trees do, while the roof gives them a constant water supply with rain water running down into the nest.
- Mating season for squirrels is from February to May with some squirrels mating again in the fall. Gestation takes 44-days and generally 2 to 4 young are born per litter.
- Active nesting season for squirrels is October to May with squirrel nesting activity peaking in February to April. This is when the majority of solar owners will experience the signs of nesting squirrels.
- Squirrels are clever creatures that learn to navigate by finding shortcuts, have the ability to jump up to 20 feet and can climb vertically on almost all surfaces making it impossible to keep them off your roof.
- The longer a squirrel’s nest sits on your roof the better chance you have for sustaining roof damage. The nests are constantly moist causing the shingles to break apart. This will cause a leak or hole in the roof and in some cases the squirrels could burrow into the home.
- PVC coated wire mesh critter guard application that encapsulates your entire solar pv system.
- PVC coated wire mesh is a heavy gauge at .058 to prevent animals from chewing through.
- Installed using a special clip so there is no screwing or mounting to your panels or roof
- Installations and craftsmanship are backed by a lifetime guarantee against pests getting under the solar panels.
- Additional prevention of the wire mesh includes leaves, sticks, snow, ice and seasonal debris buildup from forming under the solar panels.
OTHER SERVICES WE OFFER
- Removal of Squirrels, Birds, Raccoons, Possums, Bees, Wasps, Hornets & Any Solar Pest – We’ve seen it all!
- Safe Relocation of Animals – We’re 100% humane in our approach, we love animals!
- Nest & Debris Clean Up – Including gutters, ground, lawn, patios and back porches. You’ll never know we were there!
- Fall Debris Clean Out – Sticks and leaves that build up over time are an eyesore & become hazardous to your roof and potential fires!
- Damaged Wiring & Roof Inspection – Make sure your system and roof is free of pest damage before installing a pest guard.
- PVC Coated Wire Mesh Critter Guard Installation – We take pride in our install process and want you to love how the guard looks on your panels!
- Noninvasive Mounting Application – The guard is attached using a piece of hardware specifically designed for this application leaving your roof and solar panels free of holes!
- Backed By A Lifetime Guarantee Against Pests – With 1000’s of guard installs on the books we have never had a pest get under a system we have protected!
NOTABLE SOLAR COMPANIES WE
ARE PARTNERED WITH
We are strategically located in New Jersey, which gives us the unique ability to service the entire East Coast of the United States. From Maine to Florida, no job is too far for us! Odds are we’ve probably already worked in your state before. Just use the contact link below and we would be happy to discuss your situation and provide a free estimate.