- The leading cause of damage to residential and commercial solar pv power systems are squirrels.
- You have a 70% chance over the standard 20 year lease of encountering some type of pest.
- The gap between the panels and roof create a safe, warm nesting environment for squirrels, birds, raccoons, bats, and other pesky animals.
- Squirrels mate twice a year, usually in the middle of the summer and again at the end of the winter. This means twice a year they are searching for a nesting habitat.
- Gestation of squirrels only lasts 44 days. Each litter can have up to 9 babies with the average being 4 to 5.
- Squirrels, birds, raccoons, and other animals are most active, and loudest, in the spring months.
- Squirrels love the coating on your solar panel wires because it’s made with a soy based product. Their chewing will cause extensive and costly damage, dangerous exposed wiring, and failure to your systems overall power production.
- Nests will also cause damage to the shingles and eventually the roof. It’s not uncommon for a the nest to create a leak or hole directly into the attic.
- Flocks of birds, such as pigeons, finches, and other year round species also love nesting under solar panels. While they don’t cause damage to wiring they are extremely messy and unsanitary. Often leaving bird droppings all over your roof, house, patio, walkways, and personal property.
- PVC coated wire mesh pest guard installation that encapsulate your entire solar power system
- Installed using a special clip so there is no screwing or mounting to your panels or roof.
- Materials are designed to withstand all of mothers natures forces and will last over 10 years on a roof.
- Installations are backed by a 2 year warranty.
- Additional preventions of the pest guard include leaves, sticks, snow, ice, and seasonal debris buildup from forming under the solar panels.
- Acts as a barrier to break up strong winds that can often knock wires loose which will then cause them to rub on the roof becoming exposed.